March 11, 2010

Lessons Learned


It's been an insanely busy week, and I think sleep deprivation is starting to catch up with me, making working, talking, and just living in general fairly interesting. The last 24 hours in particular have taught me many valuable lessons, so here's a quick run-down of the ones I can mention...

1. If you sit ON a miniature can of spray paint (without the cap on), you will ruin your jeans. So, if you only own two pairs of jeans...I advise against doing that.

2. As I said on Twitter, "Late to bed, early to rise. It is a cruel cruel thing to have to wake up at 6am when your coffeemaker is broken."

3. I will never get tired of reading about Pete Townshend's guitar technique...even if I have to put up with the fact that every guy depicted in a guitar magazine advertisement looks like an asshole.


4. Sure, *I* am the one that set my last day in the Novi store...but hearing it announced out loud is surprisingly panic-inducing. AAAH! MOVING! IN A MONTH!


5. Apparently, I'm allergic to GAIN laundry detergent, as is evidenced by the horribly annoying hives I had ALL day. So, my interest in saving money by buying what was on sale has been foiled by having to buy a completely new bottle of detergent and having to rewash anything I washed with Gain. Anyone want a gently used bottle of Gain?


6. Sometimes you just deserve a Shamrock shake. And by sometimes...I mean ALL the time.

Those are the lessons I've collected. Learn from them, my friends. Especially that first one. While spraying paint all over your butt is an interesting experience...it's not really worth it in the end.




Also, I've got some shows coming up with my band Tonks and the Aurors:
April 11: Lebanon, OH w/Whompy, JFF, and Draco
April 12: Frankfort, KY w/Whompy, JFF, & Draco
April 21: Ann Arbor, MI w/Whompy, JFF, & Snidget --TBA
May 15: Ann Arbor, MI EXPEDITIOUS CONFERENCE (FULL BAND SHOW!)


Hope to see some of you there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Savage Steph Anderson Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template