March 3, 2010

Where are we going?


I grew up learning geography by looking at my hand. Yes, I am a Michigander. I was born and raised in metro detroit and made Ann Arbor my adopted home sometime around 2000, when I started high school there.

I fell in love with Michigan pretty early. I've always loved the red winged blackbirds and robins that are all over our state. I am a huge Michigan history buff, particularly Detroit history, and the music produced by the state. The only sports I care about are Red Wings hockey and Tigers baseball. I love the Henry Ford Museum. I have a degree from my dream school and my dream program (The University of Michigan BFA in Theatre Design & Production). I'm pretty sure I chant "It's great to be a Michigan Wolverine" in my sleep even two years after graduation.

But for anyone that knows me, this probably isn't new information, because I'm fairly vocal about where I'm from and how much I like it. So, despite all of these things and this long history of allegiance to the mitten, I took a job. A really good job. In an area near people I love. But away from my family. Away from home. Out of state.

I'm moving to Ohio.

3 comments:

Amy Snow on March 3, 2010 at 7:18 AM said...

GAASSSSPP!!!!!!!

notmonica on March 3, 2010 at 7:33 AM said...

OHIO is like a disease that way. A really contagious one. :D (And if I'm stuck here I think everyone should be with me-especially you!)

Unknown on March 3, 2010 at 8:55 AM said...

How do you really feel, Monica? ;P

I think it's brave as hell! Drastic actions produces drastic results. It seems like an overly simplified idea, but it makes all the difference in the world. If variety is the spice of life, change is the container variety is held in.

Post a Comment

 

Savage Steph Anderson Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template