June 22, 2010

Oh, hi...OHIO


I guess its time I get back on the wagon of blogging. I've been in Ohio officially for over two months now! That's crazy. But these first couple months probably don't count much since I went back up to Michigan (almost) every Sunday for church, editing work, family stuff etc. But WHATEVER, I'm here, infecting (at least one of) the children I live with with the spirit of the Wolverine and both of them with the love for The Adventures of Pete and Pete.

My teaching job is turning out very well, as my number of students doubled in size during the second round of sign ups, which was Summer I session, and usually one of the sessions that experiences low attendance. I'm teaching some pretty great kids this session, including a bad ass middle school girl with a(n epiphone) Les Paul. I've also managed to blow one kid's mind by introducing him to a certain band you may have heard of...I dunno, they're kinda small...Uh, THE WHO. The poor depraved young man had never listened to them before, but after giving him the "homework" of looking up their songs AND the assignment to youtube "pete townshend guitar smash" I think they won him over.

Working at the new store is good. Back to school time is upon us, so of course it's crazy, but I still love it. Today is my last day of work before my design gig and then TOUR. The shirts are printed, sunglasses should arrive soon, and I've got CDs on order, so at least by all outward appearances I'm pretty close to being ready to go. ha.

The most exciting thing that's been happening since moving to Ohio is I've been writing a lot of new music. I don't have a clear plan for any of it, but I'm pretty sure most of it is not for Tonks and the Aurors. At my current rate, by the end of the summer I could have an entire album of this material. It feels good to be able to write like this again, and the stuff I'm writing has a lot of promise. I've only played a few of the songs for some people (Monica, Jenna, Squibby, Beth, etc) but the response has been pretty good. Once I get back from tour, I think the plan is to find me some places to play around Cincinnati. Just an open mic or something.

I'm leaving soon to go up to Michigan for four days to design a show, and then I leave for TOUR on Monday! If you want to catch a show on tour check out the T&tA website!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Savage Steph Anderson Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template